Sunday, July 12, 2015

Turning Lemons Into Sweet Lemonade


We spent the most wonderful Saturday with friends in order to celebrate a very special little girl's 8th birthday.  The kids played, splashed in the lake, the adults relaxed and the party went well into the night.  Our gracious hosts wined and dined us and we ended the fun day with a bonfire.  There were s'mores fixings and Scott had a game of "Freeze Tag" with the kids.  We left tired and happy as we made the almost hour drive home.


Our Friends let us have a "date" at sunset as they fed all of the kids!!

Upon returning home, we received a late night call.  Apparently I had left my cell phone behind and we wouldn't be seeing these friends again for two weeks.  Scott told them we would figure it all out in the morning.  I was bummed that I had made such a silly blunder but was pretty tired and crawled into bed.

In the morning I decided to make the most of my "Cell Phone Recovery Adventure".  I made sure Scott and the kids had tickets to the new Minion Movie, I stopped for my favorite iced coffee, I put on the music I LIKE and headed out for the peaceful 50 minute drive.  Upon arriving, I spent some time chatting on the porch with our good friends and then took a new scenic drive home.  I stopped to run a few errands on the way home and returned to find my entire lawn mowed!!!  This was the best early birthday gift I could have received, because I was unsure how I was going to fit the time in this week to do this chore.  Not only was the lawn mowed but my house was empty and QUIET (thanks Minion movie!).


So although leaving my cell phone behind last night at first seemed like a major hassle....it ended up being some much needed ME time to recharge.  Thanks to Scott and our good friends for making today so special for me!




1 comment:

  1. Isn't the unexpected "free time" like a gift? So glad you got to focus on you, listen to your music, get some errands done, and then have quiet time at home. Sounds like the perfect balance of accomplishing things, yet getting to pamper yourself! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete