Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Catching Our Breath


A Boat Ride in Maine
Back in June, it was my intention to have a nice and easy summer.  I pictured an assortment of laid back days...sipping lemonade on the porch with the kids and running through the sprinkler.  Unfortunately an overwhelming amount of projects, my inability to say "NO" and so many fun invitations....made for the craziest July I can remember.



This is not to say that among the crazy, there weren't moments of R&R...there most definitely were.  The Saturday we had in Maine was the most relaxed I have been in a long time and I have spent many days on my friend Shelly's front porch, talking and relaxing.  But these quiet moments were in the midst of a "go-go schedule" that has left us rundown and craving some downtime.




Today is the first day, ALL MONTH, that we are home.  We are doing our own thing and trying to catch up on all of mess and jobs left undone.  Z is sick with a cold on the couch, C is crafting away and I am catching up on laundry and chores.  It is nice to be home.


I know we have been super busy but we have also had so much fun this month.  We have got to spend a lot of time with family and friends, I made a little money running a summer camp and babysitting my niece and nephew, we ran the BEST EVER Kiki's Garden Sunflower Soiree and we had a few family adventures.  Despite the fun, I am so looking forward to a slower August.  We have white days on the calendar next month and I can't wait to sit back, relax and BREATHE.


Sometime before next summer, I will have to sit down and reread this post to remind myself to not over schedule us like this again.  I would also like to ask my close friends and family to save me from myself and remind me next May/June to not recreate this crazy month.

Pirate Battle at the Kiki's Garden Sunflower Soiree
One CRAZY Family
C and Her Good Buddy with Tinkerbell at the Soiree
Slow summer days are here at last and I am so excited to soak each and everyone up!!  Here are a few more pictures from our July.

Family lunch in RI
Z with his Grandparents in Maine
C and her beautiful Great Grandmother.....She turns 96 today!!
C and Auntie
Silly poses
C taking good care of her cousins on one of our babysitting days
Daddy/Daughter Annual Red Sox Game

2 comments:

  1. So glad you got to have a day at home! I would be happy to remind you not to over schedule. I'll schedule it on my calendar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it crazy what we do to ourselves? But so glad you do have some white space in August. Hopefully all the crazy is behind you and there will be time for lemonade on your beautiful new deck!

    ReplyDelete